During the second month of 2018 Airbus and Boeing delivered 87 aircraft between them, representing a 13% drop in productivity versus February 2017 when 100 units were delivered. However, the result is 16 units better than the duo’s combined total for January (71 deliveries). Overall, as it was in month one of 2018, Boeing was the bigger of the two in terms of deliveries in February, with the Seattle-based company providing 49 aircraft versus Airbus’ 38. For the Toulouse-based company, it handed over 11 less units than it did in the same month of 2017, whereas Boeing’s productivity rate was just two aircraft less. Of all deliveries in February, 74% were made-up of single-aisle aircraft, with the other 26% being wide-body variants.

Airbus ended February with a total of 38 deliveries, made-up of 29 narrow-body and nine wide-body aircraft. While this result is 11 units less than the company’s benchmark of February 2017, its month two 2018 performance was 11 units better than the 27 that it handed over in January this year. For the second month of 2018, single-aisle deliveries were led by the A320 (17 units) followed by the A321 (11), while one A319 was handed over to Tibet Airlines. The leading recipient of the A320 was AirAsia which collected three, while Saudi Arabian Airlines and Vueling both picked up two each respectively. With regards to the A321, the number one customer was Delta Air Lines, with the USB3 carrier receiving four of the type.

A350-1000 was also delivered in February, with the inaugural customer being Qatar Airways. As well as the eight A350s, one A330-200 was delivered to a government authority.